Tuesday, December 11, 2012

J.J. Campbell- Two Poems


J.J. Campbell (b. 1976 - ?) lives, writes, and dies a little each day on a farm in Brookville, Ohio. He's been widely published over the years, most recently at Zygote in My Coffee, Underground Voices, Jellyfish Whispers, The Camel Saloon, and Horror Sleaze Trash. His first full length collection of poems, Sofisticated White Trash, is due out in 2013 from Interior Noise Press. You can find J.J. most days wasting time on his blog, http://evildelights.blogspot.com.
 
 
 
as much genius as disease

when you are
cursed you never
have to worry
about the flame
ever going out

creativity is as
much genius as
disease

enjoy the insanity
and be sure to 
write in blood

the deepest ink
known to man

 
 
crept upon my face

i woke up the other
morning right after
having a dream
that ended with me
stumbling upon my
father's dead body

i thought i might
have been happy at
the thought or at
least a smile would
have crept upon my
face

but i actually
thought nothing
of it

it was a nice attempt
from my subconscious
to try to elicit some
kind of emotion

but i've moved on

when my father dies

i'll be waiting with
a shovel

No comments:

Post a Comment