Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Linda M. Crate- Three Poems

wingless   

what is a raven without her wings?
nothing but
white noise scattered
in the wind
jeweled berries dripping with the
kiss of a promise
cannot hear her;
so i must regrow my wings
burst forth in feathers
painful to regrow
because i was shattered once on the
furthest star of oblivion
singing out against
the pitch of night
whose black mouth devours stars
as easily as my heart,
but it's okay
i know that i have erred
no moon silver wolves will dance their
samba in my veins again
what is a raven without her wings?
nothing but
a broken promise,
you've shattered a lot of those;
so i hold my head up high
i've cried for you all the tears i will cry
now i must remain strong
grow my feathers
without fear or remorse or looking back
our eyes face forward for a reason
so there's no reason to think of the painful
memories of the past,
only to look forward to the golden future
and so goodbye; my once lover,
we are no longer friends or strangers
just enemies,
and it's a pity because it need not have
ended this way
you're just a masochist,
and i have yet to grow my wings.




promise me forever
 

sing me
a spring day full of
tulips and rain
weeping willows
with canopies of green
leaves
swaying dreams
tantalizing and sweet
as your roses
let me kiss the clouds
robing myself in
the silver garments of the moon

sweep me into
the ocean's lingerie of music
crested waves,
and dance ribbons of sunshine
in my hair
crimson leaves of autumn days
etch them into those
ribbons, too,
and
hold my hand assure me all will
be okay
laugh me a sunset
to chase away the greyest day
because life's too short
to dwell so long in winter
lonely and cold
breathless as the night you were
catching me off guard
sparking
the glow of fireflies to
etch their stars
across my heart;
so many men
have cut me with their distance
don't dizzy me in that
vertigo

arched spirals of sky punched
summer's night
are the angel glow
of your eyes,
and i just want a forever love
in the wings of my black
dragon
your white raven
waits in the shadow of the
season falling between
winter and spring
let me
sing you a song of summer
to light the fires of your soul
promise me forever,
and i'll always be true. 




ringed
 

let's burn the night open
pour out our
wounds to the feasting sun
of morning;
the fires of which we came
hang our shadow
still in the etchings of
the stars,
do you think our star mothers
remember us?
no, i agree, their memories
are dim
they thrust us from our grace
yet there is no
reprieve
in this world they thrust us into
so let us be the peace
and quiet
needed for our souls to thrive

let us be one once more
when illuminated with you our
souls are one and complete,
here we're only
people but once we were born
in the same halo of light
star crossed lovers, soul-mates forever
waiting for a little life
to cross across the star dust
you're my world,
and i am yours
hold my heart in the flames of your fire
let us burn together with only
a desire for one another
let us kiss one day that lasts forever
as the gold that will twine
us in her rings
a never ending circle
immortal into death.




 
bio: Linda M. Crate is a Pennsylvanian native born in Pittsburgh, but she was raised in the rural town of Conneautville. She attended and graduated from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania with a degree in English-Literature in 2009. Her poetry, articles, reviews, and short stories have appeared in several journals online and in print. Her chapbook A Mermaid Crashing Into Dawn was published by Fowlpox Press recently, and her novel Amethyst Epiphany is forthcoming from Assent Publishing under their imprint Phantasm Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment