Saturday, November 16, 2013

Shaquana Adams- Two Poems

Sometimes

Sometimes I forget that I can't see you smile anymore
Sometimes I forget that I can't tell you a joke
Sometimes I forget that I can't hold you anymore
I love those moments
...and I hate those moments.



A touch of serenity 

The best days are the 
ones without pain or 
Insane conflict. I’ll

wake up and not 
even stress the
past, present, or
The post-present.

Today is 
one of those 
days. I sit 
down on a
comfy chair
and laugh at 

the memories
that haven’t gone 
sour, at the few 

disasters
mastered, at 
life’s often
obtrusive
obstacles.

And I smile at the
crazy mistakes that 
are finally not 
mine, the bamboozled 
person I once was,
the lovely lady
in the once very 
slick dirty mirror.

Today 
God 
must
have 
took 
his
finger 
to 
my
heart 
and 
simply
said
 “be 
happy”.

No comments:

Post a Comment