Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sushant Supriye- A Poem


Thus Spoke the Father
     
When I will no longer be there
I will still be there--
thus spoke the father

I will be alive in the
writings of my eldest son

I will peep out of the
paintings of my youngest daughter

I will breathe in the
self-respect of my second son

I will survive in the
steely resolve of my third son

Just as my father lives in me
and my children will live in their children
so will I be saved
in all of you
o my children--
said our father to us.


Sushant Supriye

Born on 28.03.1968.  Had his school education from St. Francis school, Amritsar ( Punjab) and graduation from D.A.V. College, Amritsar. Topped in G.N.D. University, Amritsar, in Pre-University, B.A. ( English) Honours, and M.A.( English ). Also topped in University of Delhi in M.A. ( Linguistics ). Was lecturer in English for a few years in D.A.V. College, Jalandhar.

Sushant's short-stories and poems have been published in several literary magazines and national newspapers in English. He has to his credit a poetry-anthology titled "In Gandhi's Country."
 

His short story collection in English titled "The  Fifth Direction" is in press. Sushant is also an acclaimed writer and poet in Hindi. Has to his credit two short-story collections in Hindi titled 'Hatyare' ( 2010) and 'He Ram' ( 2012 ),  and one poetry-collection in Hindi titled 'Ek Boond Yah Bhi" ( 2014 ) .

Sushant presently works as a senior officer in a Government organization. He lives with his wife Dr. Leena and two children Vinaayak and Aanya in Delhi ( India ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment