Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem



An Empty Vagina

Her vacuous eyes
and lack of
sexual pleasure
made her to me
a memorable
lover

The perpetual
taste of
cheap beer
on her lips
Provided me
with the
assurance
of modest wants
and subtle
self destruction

She had an
ordinary vagina
that barely existed
No aroma
It never smelled
like anything

What she became
to me as the clock
worked its cycle
Became less and less
until it denigrated
to nothing



Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the second verse of this poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott! I enjoyed your writing on Bold Monkey. Had the comments been enabled, I would've made this comment over there. 👍👍

    ReplyDelete